Friday, December 23, 2011

Milestones

I can't believe how quickly you are growing up, Noah.  It is crazy!  You used to be my tiny newborn, and now you are my chubby baby.  You seem to get bigger and smarter and more independent by the day.

Some milestones from the last month:

#1: You tried rice cereal!

Getting ready
"I think I'll eat this bib for breakfast."
First Bite
"Yum!  What is that new taste??"
On Second Thought
"Actually, this stuff is disgusting."
Final Decision
"I'm going to stick with eating the bib!"
You don't seem to like rice cereal much.  You'll eat a couple of bites if we force you to, but you're never excited about it.  We are going to try some pureed vegetables or maybe banana or applesauce soon.


#2:  You got your hair cut!

I didn't want to do it, but it needed to be done.  Your hair had thinned so much in the back and on the sides that you looked like a middle aged man with a strange combover.  Don't believe me?

The aerial view
Only one patch of hair on the side
Your aunts cut your hair while I held you and lamented.  I was so sad to see your "trademark" wild hair go, but you are still as cute as ever:

You are as worried as I am!
Phew!  Still darling!
I can't believe how quickly your hair is growing back.  It's been about a week and a half since we cut and buzzed it, and it has already made noticeable growth.  I think it is coming back blonde!  We'll see.


#3: You learned to hold yourself steady in a sitting position.

This is your newest trick.  It's adorable.  You especially love admiring yourself in the mirror. :)




A little video of you sitting up.  As usual, excuse my annoyingness.




You have gotten so much happier in the last two weeks, and you are a delight to be around.  You laugh and smile all the time.  It is so fun to be your mom and to watch as you change and learn and grow.

1 comment: