Saturday, October 22, 2011

Nightly Tradition

Every night before you go to bed, we sit in your blue rocking chair and I sing to you.  It's one of my favorite parts of the day--I love snuggling with you.

I love to sing you "Edelweiss" and "Where is Love?" (the two lullabies that your Grandma Sally sang to me), "Abide With Me Tis Eventide," and "Hush, the Gentle Night is Falling."


When Daddy puts you to bed, he sings too.  Though he isn't much of a singer, you don't seem to mind a bit.  You are as content with him as you are with me.

Love you, Baby.

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet part of your routine. I love that you actually took pictures of it (good thinking Ryan). Your lullabies are beautiful, Noah is one lucky little guy. Mike is the better singer at our house - which used to mean that he was the only one that sang songs at bedtime. But you are right, as it turns out, the kids don't seem to care or notice how off I am.

    ReplyDelete