Thursday, February 23, 2012

Your Nursery

I know you are already six months old, and I should've posted pictures of your room months ago...but I couldn't photograph it until I'd made all of the little finishing touches and the room was perfectly clean (which rarely happens).

Anyway, enough excuses--here is your cute nursery!

To Kill a Mockingbird wreath made by "Aunt Tiffany"
This white dresser was in my room as a kid
Pennant banner made of children's books (decoration from my Buffalo baby shower)
Matryoshka doll (from your dad's mission in Russia)
"My Heavenly Father Loves Me" sign (gift from some dental school friends)
A train made of toothpicks and baseball cards (more on that story below!)
A gumball frame (featuring a photo of your mom and dad on the night of their first kiss!)
Creamy the Llama (made by your Aunt Sarah)
A lovely topiary made from children's books (from a dear Buffalo friend)
Your dad first kissed me on the Heber Creeper train.  It was perfectly romantic.
The week after that blissful night, he made me this train out of toothpicks, baseball cards, and photos.
Cute!
Our watermelon picnic basket has become a blanket basket
Special frames:
Mom and Noah
Dad and Noah
Grandma Sally 
Special, handmade quilts...you are one loved baby!!
Another baby shower decoration made by Tiffany--
a vintage Alphabet garland
Your Auntie Muriel did this painting for me when I was in the midst of fertility treatments and adoption heartache. She said it was a "fertile image." :)  Your dad and I think the baby looks like you (before we cut your hair off).
Cute crib and bedding from Grandma Nielson
The frame above your crib features all of my favorite photos from the night you were born.
Every time I look at these pictures, my heart swells with gratitude for you and your birthparents.
"I thank my God upon every remembrance of you."
The balls hanging from the ceiling above your reading corner are made from books! 
Grandma Nielson made the cute curtain (matches the bedding)
Dad bought you this glowing globe for $1 at a garage sale. :)
I think your nursery is really darling, no thanks to me.  All of the cute decorative touches were made by my dear friends in Buffalo and your very talented Grandma Nielson.

I love it!!

1 comment:

  1. It really is a darling nursery! Like one of those sickening Mormon Mommy Blogs. :) And, for the record, Uncle Logan made Creamy the Llama. True. :)

    ReplyDelete