Monday, April 9, 2012

March Madness

March was a huge month for you, Noah.  You flew through so many milestones that it was a bit mind-boggling for me.  I honestly can't believe how quickly you changed and grew this past month.

In March, you...
*learned to crawl
*learned to get into a sitting position on your own
*got your first two teeth
*became much more vocal and started saying things like "DaDaDaDa!"  (I think we know what your first word will be!)
*learned to pull yourself up into a standing position
*learned to crawl up stairs

I know--amazing, right??  Every time I saw you do something new, I was like, "What the heck???  How did that happen?"

You are fearless, and I think that's why you've developed so quickly.  As soon as you gain a new skill, you practice it over and over and don't seem the slightest bit phased if you fall down or get a bonk on the head in the process.  Now that you've learned to stand, you often pull yourself up on furniture, let yourself fall back down on the ground (sometimes with a loud thud), and then pull yourself up again.  You rarely cry as you are practicing your new skills.

You haven't been sleeping as well at night over the past month, and I wonder if it's because you are even practicing your new talents in the middle of the night. :)

It has been so rewarding to watch you growing and developing so quickly.  As adults, we don't really change very often or very easily--sometimes it's difficult to believe that we even can change.  But when I witness your determination to learn something new, I realize that human beings were made to progress, grow, and change.  You are always teaching me.

Some favorite photos from March:

-We had beautiful weather and loved hanging out at the park.




-Birthday wishes for some important people in your life!



-Hanging out with Mom while she blow dries her hair (you still love the sound of the blow dryer).



-Exploring the apartment!



-Helping Mom with laundry (amazingly, you will actually sit still for quite a while if you are trapped in a laundry basket).

Look at those teeth!
-I couldn't believe it when I first saw you pull yourself up to standing!  You are a little "hot shot" now.


After I walked into your room and found you like this, we immediately changed the setting on your crib so the mattress is now much lower.  Just a matter of time before you start climbing out! :)
-Now that you're more mobile, you are starting to tear the apartment apart. :)  Here you are after you pulled down the rod of the blinds.


I love you, Noah!  Thank you for teaching me so much and bringing me so much joy!  I can't wait to see what the next month holds for you!

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of him peeking around the corner! Actually, I love them all. He is TO DIE FOR!

    ReplyDelete